Tools and Calculators for Buildings and Equipment
These free tools and calculators can help you manage energy efficiency savings in your commercial or institutional organization:
- Building Optimization Processes– This tool demonstrates the various phases and activities of commissioning and recommissioning for buildings. Simply click on an underlined word to see the glossary definition.
- Energy performance contracting process – This tool demonstrates the various phases and activities of energy performance contracting. Simply click on an underlined word to see the glossary definition.
- Boiler Efficiency Calculator – Helps managers quickly analyze the efficiency of boiler operations associated with heating and steam plants fired by natural gas and fuel oil.
- CanMOST – Canadian Motor Selection Tool – Estimates the energy consumption of your motors
- EE4 Version 1.7 – Simulates the energy performance of new building design compared to a reference design built to the requirements of the Model National Energy Code for Buildings (MNECB)
- EE Wizard Software for Arenas – Simulates the energy performance of new building designs for arenas and supermarkets compared to a reference design built to the requirements of the MNECB
- Gigajoule and Energy Intensity Calculator – Converts your energy consumption into gigajoules (GJ) and then calculates your building's energy intensity
- Energy Management Plan – Helps you plan your energy savings
- ENERGY STAR® Simple Savings Calculator – Compares the energy use of energy-efficient office equipment, lighting, electronics, etc. with standard equipment and other measures
- RETScreen® Clean Energy Project Analysis Software – Evaluates the technical and financial viability of various Renewable-energy and Energy-efficient Technologies (RETs)
- Simple Payback Calculator (Lighting) – Estimates return on lighting investments
- LEED Canada – Green Building Rating System for new construction and major renovations
As well, you can visit the following pages for tools and software specific to: