National Energy Use Database
The rationale for the National Energy Use Database (NEUD) is simple: by improving our understanding of where and how energy is used in Canada, the database will divulge opportunities to improve energy efficiency. NEUD plays an invaluable role in supporting national efforts to mitigate energy's impact on the environment.
- Comprehensive Energy Use Database – These tables contain most of the energy, GHG, activity and price data used by the Office of Energy Efficiency for its analysis. The data is presented by region (and for some sectors, by province) as well as for Canada.
- Query System – Drawing on data from the Comprehensive Energy Use Database, use the query system to design and customize your own energy and GHG tables.
- Energy Use Data Handbook Tables – These tables provide a statistical overview of Canada's sectoral energy markets. The data in these tables were taken from the Comprehensive Energy Use Database.
- Energy Efficiency Trends Analysis Tables – These tables contain detailed background analysis for the energy and GHG indicators. The analysis work is based on data from the Comprehensive Energy Use Database.
- 2011 Survey of Household Energy Use (SHEU-2011) Data Tables – These tables contain representative data on the energy and physical characteristics of private dwellings in Canada and on the household use of energy resources for the SHEU target population.
- Energy Consumption of Major Household Appliances Shipped in Canada, 1990-2013 Data Tables – These tables outline changes in the energy consumption and other characteristics of major household appliances shipped in Canada between 1990 and 2013.
- Industrial Consumption of Energy (ICE) Survey – Energy Use in the Canadian Manufacturing Sector, 1995-2013 Data Tables – These tables provide details of energy consumption and energy intensity for the Manufacturing sector as a whole, as well as for the seven most energy-consuming subsectors. They also compare energy sources used in the sector from 1995 to 2013.
- Survey of Commercial and Institutional Energy Use (SCIEU) - Buildings 2009 Data Tables – These tables provide estimates of the number of buildings, floor space, energy consumption and energy intensity at a desagregated level for the target population of the SCIEU survey.
- Directory of Energy Efficiency and Alternative Energy Programs in Canada – This Programs Directory provides information on the energy efficiency and alternative energy programs of the Canadian, provincial and territorial governments, major electric and gas utilities and major municipalities in Canada.