Office of Energy Efficiency
National Energy Use Database
The rationale for the National Energy Use Database (NEUD) is simple: by improving our understanding of where and how energy is used in Canada, the database will divulge opportunities to improve energy efficiency. NEUD plays an invaluable role in supporting national efforts to mitigate energy's impact on the environment.
- Comprehensive Energy Use Database – These tables contain most of the energy, GHG, activity and price data used by the Office of Energy Efficiency for its analysis. The data is presented by region (and for some sectors, by province) as well as for Canada.
- Query System – Drawing on data from the Comprehensive Energy Use Database, use the query system to design and customize your own energy and GHG tables.
- Energy Use Data Handbook Tables – These tables provide a statistical overview of Canada's sectoral energy markets. The data in these tables were taken from the Comprehensive Energy Use Database.
- Directory of Energy Efficiency and Alternative Energy Programs in Canada – This Programs Directory provides information on the energy efficiency and alternative energy programs of the Canadian, provincial and territorial governments, major electric and gas utilities and major municipalities in Canada.
- 2007 Survey of Household Energy Use (SHEU-2007) Data Tables – These tables contain representative data on the energy and physical characteristics of private dwellings in Canada and on the household use of energy resources for the SHEU target population.