ENERGY STAR® and the EnerGuide Label
Dealers of integrated clothes washer-dryers, refrigerators, refrigerator-freezers, freezers, dishwashers and room air conditioners now have the option of adding a bilingual ENERGY STAR mark, along with a bilingual statement adjacent to the EnerGuide label, on ENERGY STAR qualified products only.
Appliances qualify for ENERGY STAR when they meet
- the minimum energy efficiency requirements set out in the Regulations of the Energy Efficiency Act; and
- the current ENERGY STAR levels as prescribed by Natural Resources Canada.
Though the addition of ENERGY STAR on the EnerGuide label is not mandatory, the manner in which the ENERGY STAR mark and the bilingual statement are used must be as described below.
The following two elements may be used only on qualified ENERGY STAR products. They must always be used together without edits or modifications, as indicated below:
- bilingual ENERGY STAR mark – black vertical promotional version
- with bilingual statement
- The bilingual ENERGY STAR mark must always be placed on the left-hand side immediately below the outside frame of the standard EnerGuide label. The bilingual message block has the English text first, followed by the French text.
- The statement must always be placed on the right-hand side of the ENERGY STAR mark immediately below the outside frame of the standard EnerGuide label. The English text will always be first, followed immediately below by the French text. Note the need to respect the ENERGY STAR clear-space requirements to the right of the block and to centre both elements, when combined, directly under the EnerGuide label.
Colour and size of paper
- The EnerGuide label must be printed in black ink on white paper. The label with the additional bilingual ENERGY STAR mark and text has the same overall dimensions as the U.S. EnergyGuide label: 13.97 cm wide by 18.73 cm long (5.5 in. by 7.375 in.). The size of paper on which the label is printed can vary, as long as the size and format of the EnerGuide label follow the specifications prescribed by the Energy Efficiency Regulations, and the ENERGY STAR mark and text are faithfully reproduced using the fonts and sizes indicated below.
Paper stock and adhesive qualities
- These requirements are the same as those in the Mandatory Labelling Requirements section of this document.
Font types and sizes
- The bilingual ENERGY STAR mark and statement must always be reproduced exactly as shown in the examples below.
To obtain EnerGuide labels for ENERGY STAR qualified products in Canada
To find out if your products qualify, or to obtain electronic copies of the EnerGuide label for ENERGY STAR qualified products, go to the contact list in the Contacts and Web Links section.
|Mandatory Labelling||TOC||Optional Labelling|